Flooring and Carpeting/floor for 2nd floor

QUESTION: hello,  i am moving into a co-op in atlanta which is an older building.  i'm not sure how long i'll be there but i do not want to put down carpet.  its 650 sqft and i will be doing one flooring throughout the unit, except the bathroom which does not need to be done.  i know that i have to have a good underpad, but i am wondering if there is an inexpensive flooring you would suggest.  i have a stick down laminate in my current apartment so even something like that would be fine, as long as i can use a padding under it.  
i am hoping also to do this myself and i will have about 7 full days with an empty apartment and the floor is ready for install. i would like to spend as little as possible on this, quality is not my biggest concern because if i move out the floors will just be ripped out.  if anything, i would like to be able to use the same under padding i will be purchasing with a higher quality flooring if i decide to stay longer than a year.
any suggestions on an inexpensive non carpet flooring, that can be used with a padding would be wonderful.
thank you so much!

The carpet padding can not be used for anything except carpet. If you intend to use a laminate floor the foam padding is much thinner. Please clarify exactly what padding are thinking of.

QUESTION: i'm don't know what type of padding (i guess underlayment is the correct term) to get, that is my main concern.  i think a cork underlay is good but i'm not sure.  i have to have something that will virtually eliminate sound to the unit below, and will be used with a laminate/ engineered wood type flooring.
thanks for your reply and time!

Seek out this web site and contact the company SCI

Last year a questioner used them and loved their recommended products.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies