Flooring and Carpeting/Floor patch removal

When my laminate floor was installed a moisture barrier was not added to the concrete and moisture came up from the slab.  Some of the floor patch broke apart causing the laminate to buckle.  I have been removing the floor patch with a floor scraper in preparation to add a vapor lock epoxy to the slab.  I am finding this to be very difficult.  

Is there a different tool to remove the floor patch to make this task easier?

Thank you,

Yes, you can rent or purchase a BOSCH bulldog hammer drill at the Home Depot. They include bits as well. The proper bit will be a chisel type available in various widths. Makes a fast job of it. Also great for demo'ing ceramic tile and other flooring material.

I suggest you look into it. The 3" wide bit is difficult because it tries to work too much material at one time...try the 2" ....or 1.5" In a matter of minutes you will be able to do precise work without damaging the slab.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies