Flooring and Carpeting/travertine bullnose pencil trim

Question
QUESTION: travertine tile and the bullnose/pencil trim has already been installed but I do not like the light color of the pencil trim   (travertine tile is fine) and want to darken it.  On a sample I had, I have tried a minwax wood stain and wonder if because it has an oil base to it, will it harm the pencil trim piece.  Also, I am unsure if the pencil trim was sealed or not.  However, while at the local store, they sealed a piece I had left over and after it dried, I tried to stain it and the stain took. Therefore, can I use a wood stain on it and if so, do I have to put a sealant on it afterwards.
Thank you

ANSWER: You do have to seal it, otherwise it  will stain.

QUESTION: You did not advise if the oil base in the stain would harm the pencil trim.
Thanks

Answer
I apologize. Oil based products will permanently darken stone, so please be sure that is what you want prior to applying it. I recommend that you try it on an extra piece to see if you like it first. Once it is applied that will be the look hence forth because oils are near to impossible to remove without a poultice and experience.

Flooring and Carpeting

Don Moore