Flooring and Carpeting/Elevator Flooring

Question
Good morning.  I live in a 200 unit condo building.  Our passenger elevator floors (two) need to have the flooring replaced and we would like to install wooden flooring vs laminates, tile, marble ,etc. because of appearance.  I have a reputable contractor.
Do you know of any issues with wooden floors in elevators?

Thank you

Answer
The main issue you will have is pivot points.  People enter an elevator and immediately pivot, to face the front of the door.  That is believe it or not, a big wear factor.  If you go with wood, make sure its commercially rated.  Something acrylic impregnated like Permagrain or Gammapar.  Read the warranty, as many manufacturers will exclude pivot areas as elevators, or the path directly in front of the elevator.  

Flooring and Carpeting

Carol Blaha