Flooring and Carpeting/Elevator Flooring

Good morning.  I live in a 200 unit condo building.  Our passenger elevator floors (two) need to have the flooring replaced and we would like to install wooden flooring vs laminates, tile, marble ,etc. because of appearance.  I have a reputable contractor.
Do you know of any issues with wooden floors in elevators?

Thank you

The main issue you will have is pivot points.  People enter an elevator and immediately pivot, to face the front of the door.  That is believe it or not, a big wear factor.  If you go with wood, make sure its commercially rated.  Something acrylic impregnated like Permagrain or Gammapar.  Read the warranty, as many manufacturers will exclude pivot areas as elevators, or the path directly in front of the elevator.  

Flooring and Carpeting

Carol Blaha

Flooring questions: Specification, Warranties, Inspections, Product Knowledge, Enviromental Issues

I have been in the field 25 years, first as a specifier, then retailer and currently manufacturer representative on contract with 8 manufacturers, independent inspector and conduct moisture testing. Founding board member of the CO Chapter, US Green Building Council

WFCA (World Floor Covering Association), NTCA (National Tile Council America) SCRT (Society of Cleaning & Restoration Technician), ASTM F60, (Environment) and F06 (Resilient Floor)

Colorado Real Estate Journal, Smart Buildings

MBA, CTC (Certified Tile Consultant), RRT (Carpet Repair & Reinstallation), CCT (Carpet Cleaning Technician, ISSI (Substrate Inspection) and completed coursework for Independent Ceramic Tile Inspector, Hardwood/Laminate Inspector and Senior Carpet Inspector. Scheduled to complete Independent Resilient Inspector in April.

Multiple Awards for Salesperson of Year and President's Club

Clients include Fortune Co's to mom and pop