Flooring and Carpeting/Floor tile adhesive-could it be toxic

Question
I work at a senior center where clients come daily to engage in various activities and eat lunch.  Over a year ago we had the dining room carpet taken up and replaced it with tile.  About 6 or 7 months ago we began to have glue seeping up between the tiles here and there.  It continues to do this and I have become concerned if it could be toxic in any way.  There is no odor and it wipes up easily with a damp cloth.  It is a sort of a beige color. Thanks for being here for people like me who have questions like this.

Answer
I do not think its toxic.  Glues manufacturers are under stringent guidelines so that its not toxic.  However I would find out why its coming up.  I think you may have a moisture problem and the tiles eventually will start to fail and come off the floor. Did they test the floor for moisture prior to install?  You may want them to come back and look at it.  Carol

Flooring and Carpeting

Carol Blaha