Flooring and Carpeting/lt gray grout soaked into white merima marble tile

Question
the lt gray grout we used soaked into the white marble. My husband did not seal it first. Is there anyway to get the gray out? I like the taupe/white/warmer tones of the tile and did not want the gray look. It has been over a week and it dried.I honed the surface hoping that would help, by putting on phosphoric acid, but it did not help. Last night I took out a bit of the gray grout in hopes of applying some chemical to clean out the color. Thanks

Answer
Sorry I'm tardy Teri...health issues have had me down for a time...

The problem is that any white or light colored Marble is susceptible to this happening, but even having sealed the surface of the Stone you may not have been able to stop the event happening because this is generating from the "side" of the tiles where you don't seal anyway. There isn't much to be done to be honest at this point Teri. Over time the grey coloring, I suspect, will lessen and be less noticeable to the eye. Also be very careful with any kind of acid wash as this can open the natural pores in the Stone even further and make it much harder to keep things clean. Once the grout has cured it becomes inert and unchangeable for the most part not like a coke or wine stain which is organic where a poultice might help. Sorry Teri, I know it 's not the best news but give it time and I'll bet it will improve. That's it feel free to return anytime...

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga