Flooring and Carpeting/Marmoleum

Question
Just yesterday I put down a Marmoleum floor in my bathroom.  The sub-floor was dead flat, but I still covered it with a product called Ironply, which is specifically designed for sheet flooring.  I used the Forbo adhesive and a 1/16" trowel as recommended to apply the adhesive.  I did half the floor at a time, with the other half folded back.  Once the entire floor was rolled out, I noticed some slight humps around the center of the floor.  My guess is the while attempting to make certain the adhesive reached all the floor when doing the second half, which required pushing the trowel into the crevice between the previously glued half and the floor, I ended up with excess adhesive at the center line.  My question: is there a way to soften the now cured adhesive enough to either smooth it out a bit better, or even push it along a couple feet to an edge?  Many thanks in advance for your help.

Answer
Hi James,

Yes, its possible to warm up the flooring with a heat gun or propane fuel torch. With a metal hand roller and lots of pressure you can possibly remove the slight hump. In the future leave a small gap of bare sub floor at the fold ....if you ever do this type of floor again.

When using a propane fuel torch keep the flame moving constantly. Doing sectionsat a time.

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris