Flooring and Carpeting/Vinyl Tile

Greetings:  I purchased 18" x 18" vinyl peel-and-stick tile and installed that over a DRIcore sub-floor.  Most of the tiles stuck O.K., but about 10% did not.  The edges curled up and won't stay down.  The instructions say do not use another adhesive, but I am tempted to do exactly that.  Do I have any other options?  Thanks.

There was a time when I always applied an adhesive to peel and stick vinyl, then I found out it voided the warranty, whatever that's worth.

I have used Henrys VCT adhesive which is yellow but dries clear and tacky prior to setting the material. The best adhesive for pure vinyl tile or luxury tile is a white acrylic based adhesive made specifically for pure vinyl tile. See Amtico products and other pure vinyl manufactures.  
Any of their adhesives should work fine.

Also I will prime the floor prior to applying adhesive to make sure theta dust and debts don't hinder the bond. I use any latex liquid primer to coat the floor h the flat side of a trowel or even a throw away brush....you can dilute the primer 50/50 with water to stretch the material.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies