Flooring and Carpeting/The affects of freezing weather on tile.

Question
I want to tile the front patio(outside)of our lake house in Minnesota. Do I need a special thinset or mortar for the extreme temperatures of winter?
Thanks,
Mike

Answer
Mike,

Yes you will. I suggest you call the manufacturer of the tile adhesive / mortar and describe dto them what extreme you are expecting. They will make great recommendations for your he's is and possibly additives for it.
I would strongly suggest you take the extra step and install the Schluter Ditra Mat

http://www.schluter.com/6_1_ditra.aspx

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris