Flooring and Carpeting/Travertine Tile

Question
Had a water line break from the weather which resulted in my travertine tile being covered with 3 inches of water for 5 days. Know I have tiles loose and some sounding hollow when you tap them. Can you explain to me why this happens my insurance doesn't want to pay for my tile replacement. I just want to be a little educated on this subject before fighting with the insurance.
Thanks

Answer
Gabriel,

If the tile mortar did not bond properly to the tile , explained later, the stone can release.
Most travertine and marble tile requires that the back of each piece be flat troweled , if this step is not followed the bond is tentative at best and with hydro-static pressure from flooding  causes the tile to lift off easily.

If the mortar is actually an acrylic white paste(rubbery) then it is the wrong adhesive completely.

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris