Flooring and Carpeting/Travertine Tile

Had a water line break from the weather which resulted in my travertine tile being covered with 3 inches of water for 5 days. Know I have tiles loose and some sounding hollow when you tap them. Can you explain to me why this happens my insurance doesn't want to pay for my tile replacement. I just want to be a little educated on this subject before fighting with the insurance.

If the tile mortar did not bond properly to the tile , explained later, the stone can release.
Most travertine and marble tile requires that the back of each piece be flat troweled , if this step is not followed the bond is tentative at best and with hydro-static pressure from flooding  causes the tile to lift off easily.

If the mortar is actually an acrylic white paste(rubbery) then it is the wrong adhesive completely.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies