Flooring and Carpeting/Carpet Installation/Fixing in Trains and Buses.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Perry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Train
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Express_train
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus

Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local (Short distance) and Express trains (Long Distance) ?.

Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local transport and Luxury Buses ?.

Can this give a Better Designing and Comfortable look and feel for the passengers travelling in Trains and Buses ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Forgive my being late with your reply, too much work lately...humble apologies.

Thank you for your question Prashant,

Carpet certainly can be installed in any of the modes of transportation you mentioned...but attention to the type of carpet and the means of securing the carpet will be what makes it a successful installation. Commercial grade carpet designed for high traffic areas would be suitable as a material with a low pile/tight nap construction. Being able to secure the edges is critical because of both the safety aspect and the possibility of tearing or fraying of the material then requiring replacement. You should only consider installing the carpet as a "runner", meaning only being layed in the walkways and not where customers would be sitting under their feet...follow me? This would avoid all the potential "problems" that happen where people might be eating or drinking that could fall onto and into the carpet spoiling it in short order making for an unsavory condition. Anytime you have carpet under foot there will be not only improved comfort added to your customers experience but it will also reduce the amount of noise making it a quieter ride and less stirring of any dirt or dust that would normally be propelled around the compartment by the common movement of the mode of transportation you are riding in. So in my opinion Prashant my answer would be a yes if you chose to install carpet in any of these applications. Again...sorry I am late answering your question, please feel free to return anytime.

Perry V.

QUESTION: Dear Perry

Thank you.

1. If Railways or Bus (Public and Private) Transport Facilities approaches for you to work as a independent contractor for taking this work, will you accept this after studying their requirements ?.

i.e. Installing and Commissioning Carpet in Trains (Long and Short Distance) as well as Luxury Buses and Local transport Buses.

2. Do you feel Installing Carpet in Trains would be more difficult than fixing Carpet in Buses because of the Length of the Train as compared to the Length of the Bus ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Thank you for your question Prashant...

I am humbled by your inquirey and while I have had many offers over the years to work in different Regions of this Country (closely tied to my career skillset) volunteering here @Allexperts, I have never entertained an offer outside of my home Country. I am intrigued by the proposition but to be honest Prashant I wouldn't even know where to begin the process. I have a love for India but it is for a different reason not tied to my work skills. Perhaps you might provide additional information about what is being proposed. I am just one man a long way from your beautiful Country, is there no one within your borders who is better qualified for this opportunity? Logistics, supplies, labor, laws, standards...each and all can be challenging here in my home Country. I have zero working knowledge or understanding about what it would take in yours.

Not wanting to forget or move past the question you posed in your follow up query. The length of the runs for any continuous install will always present design and redesign challenges in order to accomodate the inherent difficulties for whatever application is proposed. So a short bus install could present more challenging conditions than a much longer train primarily because of the different quality of sub-strate they both travel over ie: a train rides on a much more flat and stable track whereas a bus will have an ever changing road upon which to travel...big difference.

Thanks for thinking of me Prashant with the unusual offer, you are very kind. I will await your reply....

Sincerly,
Perry V.  

Seating Chairs
Seating Chairs  
QUESTION: Dear Perry

Thank you.

In both the automobiles i.e. Train and Buses, the Carpet installation has to be done before the Seating Chairs are installed and fixed with the machine/s ?.

i.e. Carpet Installation first and then Fix the Seating Chairs since it looks like the seating chairs are permanently fixed in the trains and buses.

So it might be difficult to fix Carpets once the seating chairs are fixed
in Trains and Buses. Is it ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Welcome back Prashant,

I must say that your questions have raised my interest in what you are doing and wondering about. I note that the question now is one that I had concerns about with my original reply to your first question. The concept of installing only "runners" in the primary walkways and not where the feet would rest while seated. Whether it would be difficult or not to follow the seat installation depends upon the type of mechanical attachment ie: rivited or bolted seating. It is impossible to determine without seeing things first hand. What can you share with me about what you are trying to do and if I can truely help you. What specs or requirements can you provide to me about this ultimate goal. I would like to see more...  

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga