Flooring and Carpeting/Carpet Installation/Fixing in Trains and Buses.

Dear Barbara

Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local (Short distance) and Express trains (Long Distance) ?.

Do you feel Carpet can be Installed and Fixed in Local transport and Luxury Buses ?.

Can this give a Better Designing and Comfortable look and feel for the passengers travelling in Trains and Buses ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello Prashant,
I am not able to speak to the technical part of your question. As to "look and feel" - depending on the carpet and design I'd say it could be an improvement but frankly it would probably require additional cleaning expense, and most likely people would not care so much. I think the expense makes it impractical relative to the ultimate effect. As you know, when carpet gets worn and dirty it looks worse than other materials that otherwise would be noticed less.
Others might have a different opinion.

Hope that helps

Flooring and Carpeting

Barbara Jacobs

I am happy to answer questions about the design and fabrication of hand made area rugs, specifically: Hand Knotted Tibetan Rugs. Similar questions that arise about different methods of making other, less authentic types that are called "tibetan" are also possible subjects.

Designer of my own line of authentically-woven Tibetan rugs for over five years. A member of GoodWeave, I can guarantee that no child labor is used in any rugs of my own design. For mo re information about my design philosophy and information about making a high quality Tibetan rug, please see my web site that includes this slide show:

IACC / International Association of color consultants/designers: Member since 1996, newsletter editor since 2000. Historic District Commission / Medfield, Massachusetts

Publications online publication. Article about my work in June, 2011 issue Journal of Architectural Coatings: Article about color on commercial environments www.Design&, currently a blogger for that site my own blog contributor about color and design, including some Q&A Boston Home and Garden (subject in an interview article) I've been a contributor and subject of color articles in other various publications over the years. My Tibetan rug designs have been shown in various shelter publications and trade publications.

Academia di Belle Arti, Florence, Italy University of Minnesota, BA / concentration painting and printmaking University of California, Berkeley: fine arts department, studied painting and printmaking IACC - accredited color consultant/designer since 2000

IACC: International color exhibit where four of my projects were featured. Featured artist of (in their print brochure, not yet on their web site)

I do have many fine clients but prefer not to mention them here. However, I invite you to read a few of the many testimonials on the "testimonials" page of my web site.