Flooring and Carpeting/Hardwood flooring options

Question
Hi, I am shopping around for hardwood flooring for my parlor and dining room areas. The space measures 400 sq ft and I am looking for wide planks of hardwood, not laminate or engineered hardwood.
I do not like the grain pattern of Oak and my preference for color is Cherry. The new flooring will be installed in a very stable pine sub-floor.
My question relates to "exotic" woods like Tiger wood and such. I am told it tends to change color on it's own as it ages (sometimes dramatically). I found a color and grain that I liked and was told it was Luan Cherry. I would like to know if you have information about the quality of the wood? The price at $3.95 + installation

Answer
Tania,

I am not clear as to the nature of the question. Are you looking for installation procedures which I can help with.

If you are looking for species of wood recommendations or colors / grain, that is a personal preference. All wood will change colors over time. Most are desirable and warm. With regards to long term I do not remain on site for more than the installation period.

If you have a brand name and product ID I might be able to look it up and find more information Without specific brand name and manufacture I am at a loss.

Feel free to post a follow up if you like.

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris