Flooring and Carpeting/kitchen hardwood floors

Hello Chris,
what do you think of this new (at least where I live) trend of putting hardwood flooring in kitchen?
We are renovating our house and we have an open concept living room and kitchen-dining area. We have decided to go with acacia hardwood in the living and dining section but we are not sure if we should install it in the kitchen section. I am a little worried for the potential water damage but, as a salesperson told me, we don't really expect floods in kitchen. These guys are trying to sell me their products so I'd thought I'd ask an expert instead to have a more neutral idea.
Also, do you have any comments about this type of wood before we order the product? We like it a lot and will most likely install in the bedrooms, family room and living-dining area.
We have a humidifier in the house.
thanks a lot!

Katherine ,

Its true and I have installed wood in many kitchens.. they look beautiful , warm and rich.
Water is not an issue as long as it is just a spill, it takes many days of soaking to ruin a nice floor.

I dont see where you mentioned a product or name??

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies