Flooring and Carpeting/Glue for floating an engineered floor

Hi Chris,
We are getting ready to install an engineered floor. For a variety of reasons we've chosen to float the floor and not glue down. It has standard tongue and groove and is not click-lock. The manufacturer doesn't have any information about how to install the floor floating. What kind of glue should we use in-between the boards to glue them together? We've read a variety of things but can't seem to find a clear answer.

Hi Trina,

I use TITEBOND II sold at the Home Depot...excellent glue and damp cloth water clean up. If the job is large enough I will buy 1 gallon and 2 individual bottles ... and re fill the bottles as needed

Keep a clean bucket of water nearby and refresh it now and again, use clean damp cloths to wipe any excess glue off. Make sure you don't leave a haze of glue on the floor. But No worries if a slight haze is visible when all is finished...use a wood floor cleaner to buff and remove with a towel or 2.

The Towelettes are great. There are other products that are less expensive,but these are the best.
If you are anywhere near Upland I can steer you to a warehouse supplier of flooring products.

In So.Cal,  BIG D FLOORING is a major chain of supplies and tools located in all the counties.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies