Flooring and Carpeting/padding

hi Chris - Home depot has about 4 different kinds of foam padding to put under wood floating floor (on concrete0. Can you recommend one over another? I don't really see much difference just from looking at them.

Hi Rob,

I always purchased a product that was much thicker and denser...2x the cost of what you are seeing now.
But if you go with the Home depot products ...or the Lowes they are not much different.

This is who I would contact first and see if you like the notion of going with a premium product. The difference is astounding in both the feel and the sound dampening qualities.

Scroll down to page 2 of the PDF, the DECI BLOCK with moisture control is what you are after. But please allow them direct you to the best product for you if they ask for your details.
Call them at 800 435-4062 to find a distributor near you.

If you can find DURALAY TIMBERMATE EXCEL with the silver foil imported from the UK that is also a premium underlayment for laminate/ floating floors

...very hard to search for a USA distributor online.  All I get is UK websites.
In Pomona Ca. I had a wholesaler... but I am not in calif any longer

I wrote an email to the UK sales team to see if they can help me locate one

But anyway ... thats my chapter for the day.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies