Flooring and Carpeting/Chipping grout

Question
Hello Chris,

About 10 years ago I had a flooring contractor lay slate tile in the foyer at my front door.  In the last couple of years I have noticed the grout between some of the tiles is chipping out, and it is starting to look a little ragged.  My question is, is there a product like a filler for filling in the irregularities of the grout to make it all look uniform?  Or is it necessary to remove the grout and replace it completely?  

And another question, is it true they make a sealer that you can apply to tile floors to keep them from staining or from moisture?  Is it possible that moisture is what caused the grout to start chipping?  Just a thought.  

Thanks,
Gary

Answer
Gary,

I have never repaired grout so I am at a loss . Ok wait ...I have once or twice small little things..and I find that new grout does not stick to old grout well. I prefer to cut out the old and install new completely. But is has been since forever that I had to repair any grout.

Sealers and such I use AQUAMIX anything they offer I will contact customer service and pick their brains to make sure I am using the right item for my application. They have great customer service and technical support via the 800 number on every container.

Awhile back the name was purchased by CUSTOM BUILDING PRODUCTS but the lab formulas remain the same and Aquamix has 32 years in the sealing and protection of stone and tile.

Get in touch with them here
http://www.custombuildingproducts.com/products/aqua-mix.aspx

Best regards,

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris