Flooring and Carpeting/Hardwood Flooring Applications

Question
What is your opinion regarding the installation or use of hardwood flooring in a kitchen area? I have heard differing opinions that range from that it works great to you should never install hardwood in a kitchen since it does not react well to liquids.

Answer
Jim,

I have installed many a home that flowed right into the kitchen and laundry areas and wet bars/ guest bath as well. Just protect you investment with insurance provided by the Home owners policy. Most spills are easily wiped / mopped up and never affect the true hardwood floors.

Only a catastrophic flood would be an issue ...such as the dishwasher or ice maker or toilet supply line failing overnight or out of town.

Personally I love wood floors and stone / porcelain Versailles patterns.

Best Regards,

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris