Flooring and Carpeting/Hardwood Flooring Applications

What is your opinion regarding the installation or use of hardwood flooring in a kitchen area? I have heard differing opinions that range from that it works great to you should never install hardwood in a kitchen since it does not react well to liquids.

I have installed many a home that flowed right into the kitchen and laundry areas and wet bars/ guest bath as well. Just protect you investment with insurance provided by the Home owners policy. Most spills are easily wiped / mopped up and never affect the true hardwood floors.

Only a catastrophic flood would be an issue ...such as the dishwasher or ice maker or toilet supply line failing overnight or out of town.

Personally I love wood floors and stone / porcelain Versailles patterns.

Best Regards,

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies