I would like to know about the type of flooring options for Orthopedic Hospital Operation theatre. The advantages and disadvantages of the various options available, including the cost and long term durability.
Primary choices at present are Vinyl vs. Epoxy

ANSWER: Thank you for your question Dr. Tushar,

While the questions you pose may seem to you to be clear and straight forward, to me they are rather vague. Please provide additional information as to the what/when/where/and how your operation is used and the needs you are trying to fulfill for it. Certainly I can provide generic information but I do not think that will help you very much and in order for me to focus my response I will need your questions to be more specific. Take your time and return whenever you are ready and I will be happy to help you.

Perry V.

QUESTION: Sorry for the inappropriate question.
Orthopaedic operation theatres are supposed to be as aseptic as possible.
The floorings should be resistant to stains, bacteria and able to withstand high loads of operation table and C-arm machine.
Also long term wear and tear should be considered

Welcome back Dr. Tushar,

Your question was not inappropriate at all, I was only wanting to have additional information for a complex professional request. Thanks for letting me know more. So I have done just a bit of research for you based upon what I know and suspect may help point you in the right direction.

I have provided a couple links for you to look at so that you can gain some insight into what may work for you. You can look them over at your leisure and evaluate which may present to you a more effective material for your needs.

These are of course only a small sampling of what is currently available on the market but it may help you to focus on what can be done and with what material. Ok Dr?...I hope this helps you with your project. Thank you for stopping in, feel free to return anytime.

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga

Ceramic Tile/Marble. I can answer questions about floor preparation, tile selection, layout questions, performance of products, expectations of finish, compatabilities, questions about grout and epoxies, evaluating an installer, asking the right questions to check competence...more? 33 years this August 2012/ many years in commercial application from exterior finishes to Mall store fronts/ interior finishes like floor packages in stores inside Malls examples: The Limited, Lerner/NY, Lane Bryants, Bombay Co., Now involved in Residential new construction covering all types of interior finishes and designs.

I worked in an exclusive field of floorcovering called "Tenant Development" which is by invitational bid only, by way of a National bid list. These are large floor packages usually over 3500 sq. ft. of 18" x 18" Marble and Granite and many other types of Marble and sizes. They are specialty stores where the floor package can cost upwards of $50,000 for one store. I have also done "Structure" stores and J. Riggins stores, Lane Bryant,Express and Body Shop stores where wood flooring is used. Presently work for a National Flooring Company in the Residential new construction arena that covers most interior design elements..Granite Slab tops/wood flooring both job finished and prefinished ect..

My response's are published all across the Internet and picked up by multiple Interior Design sites and Industry related web sites where people have questions...

too many most of which don't count...