Flooring and Carpeting/Wood flooring products

Question
Hi Chris,
We are planning to remodel in our basement which has a large playroom  two bedrooms, a full bath, and kitchen.  When area was finished many years ago carpet & pad were installed over peel & stick vinyl squares in playroom and over concrete in all other areas but the kitchen which has sheet vinyl.  We have removed the carpet & pad and all areas appear to be ok with regards to any water leaking in over the years.  We are planning to finish floors in these areas with either laminate flooring, ceramic tiles, or floating vinyl plank flooring.  We would appreciate your opinion regarding which of these would be best for us and any other suggestions you might have.

Answer
Ernest,

Vinyl plank flooring is the most demanding of the mentioned items. It will not tolerate moisture. Additionally floor prep is critical.

Slightly more forgiving is the laminate... and the most robust is the tile.

If you have installation concerns I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris