Flooring and Carpeting/Wood flooring products

Hi Chris,
We are planning to remodel in our basement which has a large playroom  two bedrooms, a full bath, and kitchen.  When area was finished many years ago carpet & pad were installed over peel & stick vinyl squares in playroom and over concrete in all other areas but the kitchen which has sheet vinyl.  We have removed the carpet & pad and all areas appear to be ok with regards to any water leaking in over the years.  We are planning to finish floors in these areas with either laminate flooring, ceramic tiles, or floating vinyl plank flooring.  We would appreciate your opinion regarding which of these would be best for us and any other suggestions you might have.

Vinyl plank flooring is the most demanding of the mentioned items. It will not tolerate moisture. Additionally floor prep is critical.

Slightly more forgiving is the laminate... and the most robust is the tile.

If you have installation concerns I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies