Flooring and Carpeting/re finish

I have a split brick kitchen floor.  high traffic areas are starting to look matte finish while rest of floor still has shine.  Would like to refinsh.  how do i know if it has a wax coat or acrylic coat? if wax I need to strip obviously.  what about if it has an acrylic coating?

An acrylic generally will scratch, leaving a white appearance. A wax or finish that scratches doesn't have that overly white look to it.  

If you determine there is no wax, the easy fix is to apply a finish over the flooring, which will produce an even gloss and, if properly maintained, will prevent further wear to the sealer, assuming that is what it is.

Bill Hohmann

Flooring and Carpeting

Bill Hohmann

I can answer questions concerning the stripping and sealing of various tile, brick, and stone flooring with an emphasis on Mexican Tile. I cannot help in regards to installation issues, such as what sort of tile to use; how to install or remove tiles, etc.

Over 30 years experience in the manufacture development and use of sealers, coatings and cleaners for tile, stone, brick, etc.