Flooring and Carpeting/re finish

Question
I have a split brick kitchen floor.  high traffic areas are starting to look matte finish while rest of floor still has shine.  Would like to refinsh.  how do i know if it has a wax coat or acrylic coat? if wax I need to strip obviously.  what about if it has an acrylic coating?

Answer
An acrylic generally will scratch, leaving a white appearance. A wax or finish that scratches doesn't have that overly white look to it.  

If you determine there is no wax, the easy fix is to apply a finish over the flooring, which will produce an even gloss and, if properly maintained, will prevent further wear to the sealer, assuming that is what it is.

Bill Hohmann
Sparks

Flooring and Carpeting

Bill Hohmann