Flooring and Carpeting/Self Leveling floor compound

I recently pulled up carpeting in my basement from a flood.  I discovered that the previous owner (whom I contacted) had poured self leveling compound to smooth out an area between two rooms that used to be divided by concrete block.  In the process of leveling the rooms, the leveler was poured over the cleanout access for the main pipe in my home.  It also created a much higher surface where the cleanout cap is located.  I am in the process of installing a new floor and need to expose the cleanout for code purposes as well as if anything ever happens.  What is my best way to get rid of the leveling compound around the cleanout with the least amount of dust.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I usually just use a chisel and hammer to go around the clean out.  Use little bites so you don't create and uneven hole.  Then I buy a peace of PVC cap & pipe that goes around the clean out and cut it to the height I want and glue it in place with more lever or grout.  You may want to consider sealing your floor with epoxy.  It will keep the mold and mildew out of your floor if it floods again.  For a detailed quote go to  

Flooring and Carpeting

Harvey Chichester

Concrete floor coatings, repair, decoration etc.

Harvey Chichester is a well published principal of Durall Industrial Flooring, a company with more than 40 years experience in developing special flow-coatings for industrial and residential floors. Automotive and shopping centers, breweries, food processing plants, manufacturing plants, airplane hangars, car washes, kennels, warehouses, printing plants, residential basements, pool decks, and condominiums are among some of the facilities in which he has installed floors. http:\\

Durall Manufacturing, Bloomington, MN, is the only industrial flooring manufacturer that also makes over 500 specialty cleaners. Durallís 40 years of flooring chemical manufacturing experience has produced a special preparation of cleaners and an application system assuring optimum flooring adhesion and wear results. Durall provides factory-direct support for these new products. Kits of materials are customized to owner specification and delivered directly to the job site. Kits include full directions and 24/7 help lines staffed by seasoned flooring experts, so professionals and amateurs alike can successfully install a quality floor. Visitors can obtain free, job-specific quotes on materials or nationwide turnkey installations by completing a simple questionnaire at This full-service concept allows anyone to enjoy the benefits of industrial strength floors successfully

Google shoes over 3,000 publication listings where articles of Harvey Chichester are presented

MBA, BSB, BA University of Minnesota

Pillsbury, General Mills, Iowa Beef, Cremates, Japs Olson Printing, Banta Printing, Airforce, Coast Guard, Marines, Northwest Airlines etc.