Flooring and Carpeting/Ceramic Tile Grout White crusty oozing

Question
New porcelain tile installed throughout the house and direct glued down wood in the large family room about 1 year ago.
The grout started looking uneven in color, got darker in spots and white efflorence in many more spots. Wherever there is a bed with 4-5 " between the bottom of the bed and tile, or a plastic storage container sitting directly on the floor, the grout oozed a white crusty stuff- in some areas as large as 3-4"inches. Other areas with nothing on the tile, the grout is patchy white areas 4-5 " length.When scraped away it is hard, flakey and turns to white dust if crushed.
I don't have a leak in plumbing, for it is overhead pvc and I had the water dept come check the meter- they said nothing appears to show a leak. I did have a well water old pump removed and they just cut the pipe off left it sticking out of the ground, so the sprinkler system is not working any longer. I do not live on a lake or near a waterway.
It appears the concrete foundation is absorbing water and it's coming up through the porous grout lines. Is this as good a guess that you might have? Have you seen this before?

Answer
What you seem to be describing is efflorescence. This happens when salts dissolved in moisture retained by the grout find there way to the surface and appear as a white powdery feathery/crusty deposit. This can be triggered by moisture emission. As to why this is happening, more info would be helpful. You said the ceramic is installed over direct glue down wood.  What is the wood over? Was a moisture test done on the wood prior to installation of the tile? Is there a basement with a concrete floor? Crawl space? If a crawl space what is the height? Ventilation windows? Is the ground covered with a moisture barrier? Does your landscaping run toward the house?

Flooring and Carpeting

R Adams