Flooring and Carpeting/Vinyl Flooring



I want to have use a form or soft-material underlayment, not board, under vinyl flooring.  Is there a specific product that I should use?

I thank you for your reply!

I need more information. What do you mean when you say you want to "have use a form"? With regard to a "soft material underlayment not board under vinyl", there are acoustical underlayments suitable for glue down and floating LVT (luxury vinyl tile), and vinyl plank flooring installations. Is that what you are looking for?  Please let me know exactly what type of product including the manufacturer's name that you are planning on installing. Thanks.  

Flooring and Carpeting

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


R Adams


Certified Installer 1966-1976, Certified Carpet Cleaning Instructor 1976-1985, Certified Commercial and Residential Floor Inspector since 1985 is available to answer questions on problems with carpet or other flooring, and carpet cleaning. I can guide you as to whether you may have a valid claim against a manufacturer/installer/dealer/cleaning company.


Floor covering Installer 1966-1976 Carpet Cleaning Instructor 1976-1985 Floor Covering Inspector 1985- present

Floor Covering Inspector Training School; FCITS Floor Covering Inspection Technical Services; FITS Certified Claims Inspectors Association; CCIA

Hartford Courant

B.S. Chemistry 1971 A.S. Physical Science 1969 Armstrong Certified Installer 1972 3M Certified Carpet Cleaning Specialist 1976 FCITS Certified in Carpet and Hard Surface, Commercial and Residential

Past/Present Clients
GE, Phoenix Insurance Group, McDonalds Corp, WTNH, US NAVY, Xerox, Time Warner, Pitney Bowes, Conair, Yale New Haven Hospital, UCONN, Price Waterhouse, Pepsico.

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]