Flooring and Carpeting/carpet installation when there's furniture

Question
This is a stupid question, but I'd like to know the answer. I live in an apartment with furniture and would like to have my current carpet replaced. How do they do that when there is so much furniture? I realize it would have to be moved, but I don't see how it is logistically done in a smaller room, like the bedroom, that has a bed, etc. that takes up most of the room. How is this usually done? Thanks

Answer
Hi Lee!...no such thing as a stupid question! Do you have more than one room in your apartment? Then the furniture could be moved into that other room(s) or outside on a nice day, if that is easily accessible.  Bed might have to be taken apart etc. to ease the moving and get it through the door. But the room should be emptied to install the carpet correctly. However, once the room is emptied it will not take long to install the carpet so the out of place furniture will not be in your way too long.
Tip from a former installer and carpet cleaning teacher: If you have an agreement with the retailer that the installers will move the furniture, then prior to the installer's arrival move as much of the stuff as you can, especially small items and breakables. It will be appreciated and make for a much smoother, faster job once they get there. (Same workers for carpet cleaners!!)Remember, the installers are not movers and no one will be as careful with your furniture as you will!

Flooring and Carpeting

R Adams