Flooring and Carpeting/vinyl tile flooring, dricore and concrete

QUESTION: I want to put a subfloor on my concrete and then lay Mannington Adura vinyl tiling. Can I use dricore as a subfloor? I need a subfloor for warmth and to match height of flooring in rest of house.

ANSWER: DRI CORE is a great subfloor , however the vinyl products that you are using will allow all the seams to telegraph through to the vinyl...

If you tell me the specific floor you intend to install I will look up the manufacture instructions and forward to you..

Let me know

QUESTION: I want to put 5/8 plywood on top of dry core flooring and then put vinyl. I'm looking at putting Mannington Adura vinyl tiling.

Ok The mannington line of tile is multifaceted .. you will need to prep the floor at all the seams with a MAPEI floor patch ...LOOKS LIKE THIS

Follow some directions on you tube "HOW TO SKIM A FLOOR"

Although this is concrete in the video it is the same process ...make all the joints and floor smooth by covering them with 2 coats. First coat does the heavy work, fill dips and divots and nail holes...2nd coat makes the floor smooth like glass. Take a damp cloth or a razor scrapper to wipe out any ridges and vacuum clean between each coat. After the floor is smooth and clean seal it with latex primer ...sponge or brush or roll on ...The primer will seal the floor patch and give the vinyl tile an excellent bond to the floor patch.

Of course you may only need a small 1 gallon unit but this is just a reference for you.,store:66148366026014126

If you need further information please follow up

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies