Flooring and Carpeting/finding low spots on a slab

Question
hi Chris - I watched the videos that show putting a skim coat on a slab.

It gets tricky when you start looking at flatness from different directions. It seems hard to tell what may be too high making other spots look too low.

If there are bigger "low-spots" than a skim will handle, is there a good way to "map" them out, like with a pencil so you know where to go thicker when you apply with trowel?

thx

Answer
Hi Rob

Lay the straight edge down...fill with material to the desired height to eliminate any light underneath. If you are able to work like this you can do all of the area wet. If not allow 1 or2 mounds to dry and then use those as your level/guide...and work from that. Many times we just use the straight edge to pull the material and just touch up with the trowel

This site is not smart phone friendly....I'll be in touch

Chris

Ps...btw
Yes you can mark all the low spots with a marker...we do it all the time. L FOR LOW with a line from one end to the other end of the low area. High spots are marked with a circle and an H inside that circle

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris