Flooring and Carpeting/Cleaning Glass Tile Before Grouting

Question
Hi.  I am wondering how to clean my glass tile that we installed in my kitchen.  We installed it about 2 years ago and didn't get it grouted.  I now want to grout the tile to finish it and want to know how to clean the glass tiles so the grout will adhere properly.

Thank you for your help.

Answer
Thankyou for your question Jodi, sorry I'm tardy I have been out of town...

Cleaning glass tile is as easy as using Windex as you would on any other type of glass material especially if there is no grout in place. Keep in mind that a grouts main purpose is not to adhere to the tile, primarily it is both a buffer "between" tiles keeping them separate and a means to "fill" the joints between a design scheme assembly to keep out water and other debris. If there is a need to clean behind a stove perhaps where you may have a layer of cooking grease then a simple degreaser like Dawn can cut and clean prior to grouting just be sure to completely rinse away any residue that will generate soap suds if left behind that will mingle with your grout and rinse water when cleaning up....follow me? Make sure everything is completely dry and wiped down before starting and you will be good to go. I hope this helps you with your project restart. Again forgive my being late in my reply to you. Thanks for coming, feel free to return anytime...

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga