Flooring and Carpeting/grout

Question
First, what is the minimum amount of time quick drying thinset should have to dry before grouting 4x4 ceramic wall tile?  And what is the minimum dry time for the regular thinset?

Also, we removed about ten tiles around shower faucet for plumbing updates.  When tiles are reinstalled, if we let thinset dry 24hrs before grouting, is it ok to tape up a plastic tarp and shower during the thinset drying period before grouting?

Finally, after grouting, is it ok to shower with it taped off with a tarp?

Thanks

Answer
James,
The typical label on the bag says SPEED SET, it usually goes off in the bucket in 20 minutes, 30 at most. It's a smaller bag and costs 2x the normal price. We use very small batches and work quickly. I have used it for troops in malls where people traffic is heavy, roped off. I can grout within 60 minutes.

For a shower it would be the same. Set the tile, grout after 60 minutes. Then shower the next day.
Do not hang plastic over the tile/grout...which will trap moisture and possibly cause the grout to fail.

The grout will be dry within another hour to the touch. But needs to cure all the way through.
A fan can help speed this up.
http://m.homedepot.com/p/Custom-Building-Products-SpeedSet-White-25-lb-Fortified

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris