Flooring and Carpeting/installing bamboo over concrete

Question
I live outside of the Richmond VA area and would like to install engineered bamboo over my above grade concrete flooring. the rooms that I am considering for this project include my great room foyer and dining area. My husband and I are the only two that live here and rarely use the foyer entrance to the house. however we entertain at least once a month in the great room with at least 10 people present. Will this amount of traffic be too much for the engineered bamboo? And if so what will be the best vapor retarder to use?

Answer
Well let's address the concrete and possibility of moisture wicking up from an assumed basement? In the old day prior to 2 in 1 membranes it was recommended to use 4 or 6 mil plastic as a barrier then a cushion.
In the trade there are many types of"underlayments" the best are more expensive and thicker than what the box stores offer
Please see this link for a premium underlayment

http://www.greenbuildingsupply.com/All-Products/Flooring-Underlayment/Sponge-Cus

The main manufacture I know of is called SCI inc....or sponge cushion inc. They have many distribution centers/retailers. This is by far the best product and thickest for the money. A wise investment on the underlay will make your floor feel and sound like real wood floors. I can't stress this enough.

Concerning wear and tear. It doesn't sound at all to busy or threatening to have that type of activity all the time. I am sure you will have some throw rugs or entry rugs to help wipe dirt and soil prior to entering?
All manufactures recommend guidelines in writing for your new floor. Just common sense actually.

This should be a great product for your application and attractive as well.

Since I am using my cell phone I hope I corrected any errors before clicking send.

Feel free to ask any further questions.

Chris  

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris