Flooring and Carpeting/tile grout

Question
does unused grout go bad?
I have an open bag of tile grout that is 6 years old.  is it still good to use?

Answer
Thank you for your question Dan,

Typically shelf life for both thinset and grout is about one year depending upon what Region of the Country you live in. In the West where the humidity is quite low it can last surprisingly longer. I recently did a remodel on a master bath where the house was just a bit older than 7 years and the homeowner had grout left over from the original install. I used a small amount to tie in about 8 pieces of cut tile and it worked but no idea if it will last or stand the test of time. Where you are I would have to say no as the humidity is quite high in your area. It would only be good to identify what the color was/is and then purchase a new bag and go from there. Ok Dan I hope this helps you with your project, feel free to return again anytime...

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga