Flooring and Carpeting/carpet widths

Chris,  the rooms in my house are over 12 wide. in the past I have always gone with 15 foot widths.
Now due to limited selection the local carpet experts tell me to use the 12 foot widths.    I have an l shape area of two rooms. one is 26 x 16-6 and 12 x 14.   with 12 foot wide carpet I will have 40 feet of seams----is that a problem.   my wife is looking at Mohwawk plush carpet.

should I stick with 15 foot carpet or is it ok to go with 12 foot

Tom, sorry for the delay. I'm flying today and schedules have been hectic all week.
The quality of the seams depends on the installer...no two ways about it. If it is a tight luxurious plush they will be more difficult. Either way you will have seams. Just make sure the store is aware that you will not accept poor workmanship. And they better send the best mechanic to do the job.

Have you considered asking for a seam diagram. That will help you and them determine and understand the specific details and the placement of the seams....especially any cross seams to utilize waste...and avoid extra cost. Or too in fact avoid cross seams and possibly incur more costs but visually more appealing.

Get a seam diagram first.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies