Flooring and Carpeting/Chicago Split Brick Floor -remodel

I am currently attempting to strip old yellowed polyurethane from my brick floors - it seems to strip off brick but not the mortar grout - any ideas as to the best type of stripper or method?  Thanks so much.

It is not unusual for a sealer to puddle in the grout lines, making a very thick coating that takes much more time to soften and strip.  Best to let the stripper soak in the grout lines for about half an hour and check to see if it has softened up enough to scrub out.  If not, give it even more time.  

If the stripper you are using is evaporating too quickly, there is a stripper made by Steppan Chemical that is very very slow, and may be useful for this situation.  I have the exact name of it at work. I am presently at home. I will send you the name of the product in the morning, provided I don't forget. A reply to this will jar my memory when I see it.

Bill Hohmann

the Stepan product is called Steposol MET-10U

Flooring and Carpeting

Bill Hohmann

I can answer questions concerning the stripping and sealing of various tile, brick, and stone flooring with an emphasis on Mexican Tile. I cannot help in regards to installation issues, such as what sort of tile to use; how to install or remove tiles, etc.

Over 30 years experience in the manufacture development and use of sealers, coatings and cleaners for tile, stone, brick, etc.