Flooring and Carpeting/Luxury Vinyl Tiles Tarkett

Question
QUESTION: Hi Chris,

Are you familiar with Tarkett Luxury Vinyl Tiles?  I'm looking at Transcend which is a 12 x 24 microbeveled tile.  It has a "freespan locking technology", so it's floating.  I would have it professionally installed.  I'm wondering if this would have the same problems as peel and stick, or if it would stay together at the seams like laminate.

What is your opinion?  I want something that will last.

Thanks very much!
Connie

ANSWER: Hi Connie,

Sorry I am not familiar with that specific product. Tell me where you found it and I will look into it.
I can look at it online of course...but would like to physically touch it and see the product. I will be at the big box stores today...maybe I can find it. I will let you know what I find.

Chris

QUESTION: Hi Chris,
They don't carry it in the big box stores.  All that I've seen at the big box stores is peel and stick and grip strip.  Even their own installers won't install that because it doesn't stay put.
I found the Tarkett LVT at Flooring America.  I've seen it at other Mom and Pop places too.  It would provide more cushioning than laminate, which is good. But, my primary concern is that it stays put like laminate.  It will be installed over sheet vinyl. I'm seeing a lot of LVT on Houzz in high end remodels.  Maybe the problems are only with adhesive based and not click systems?
Thanks for your help, Chris.  I appreciate your expertise!
Connie

Answer
Connie,

I also agree that the peel and stick systems are horrible. But I do put a lot of faith in the click lock systems. Tarkett is a leader in hard surfaces since I started in the flooring business back in the 80's

If you call the tarkett 800# I can imagine the answer might be biased but the customer service reps are pretty straight forward. They would be happy to help you with any concerns. Installing over sheet vinyl will not be an issue as far as I know.

I might be able to learn more and respond later.

Again...I do trust click lock systems much more.

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris