Flooring and Carpeting/Luxury Vinyl Tiles Tarkett

Are you familiar with Tarkett Luxury Vinyl Tiles?  I'm looking at Transcend which is a 12 x 24 microbeveled tile.  It has a "freespan locking technology", so it's floating.  I would have it professionally installed.  I'm wondering if this would have the same problems as peel and stick, or if it would stay together at the seams like laminate.

What is your opinion?  I want something that will last.

Thanks very much!

ANSWER: Hi Connie,

Sorry I am not familiar with that specific product. Tell me where you found it and I will look into it.
I can look at it online of course...but would like to physically touch it and see the product. I will be at the big box stores today...maybe I can find it. I will let you know what I find.

They don't carry it in the big box stores.  All that I've seen at the big box stores is peel and stick and grip strip.  Even their own installers won't install that because it doesn't stay put.
I found the Tarkett LVT at Flooring America.  I've seen it at other Mom and Pop places too.  It would provide more cushioning than laminate, which is good. But, my primary concern is that it stays put like laminate.  It will be installed over sheet vinyl. I'm seeing a lot of LVT on Houzz in high end remodels.  Maybe the problems are only with adhesive based and not click systems?
Thanks for your help, Chris.  I appreciate your expertise!

I also agree that the peel and stick systems are horrible. But I do put a lot of faith in the click lock systems. Tarkett is a leader in hard surfaces since I started in the flooring business back in the 80's

If you call the tarkett 800# I can imagine the answer might be biased but the customer service reps are pretty straight forward. They would be happy to help you with any concerns. Installing over sheet vinyl will not be an issue as far as I know.

I might be able to learn more and respond later.

Again...I do trust click lock systems much more.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies