Flooring and Carpeting/spot/partially refinish wood floor

QUESTION: Hello, I am trying to find out if there is a technique that can be used to refininsh a worn part of a wood floor without having to do the entire thing.  There is only one high traffic area that needs to be redone.  Thank you in advance for your help.

ANSWER: I've done some repairs before. Example: water damaged hallway. It can be done with traditional methods and blending of the stain / finish. It helps if you have some experience with wood working...sanding...and stain finish techniques.

You don't give much information as to the size of the area. All I can do is guess

QUESTION: Hi Chris!  Thank you for your response. Sorry to not give you enough info.  The wood floor goes from the front door through the foyer also through a home office to the left of the foyer.  The only area that needs help is right in front of the door and along the stairs.  I'd say about a 6'x 8' area, part of which flows into the home office.  I am not experienced, just on a really tight budget.  My husband and I would love to just hire a pro like you, but for now, any info would really be helpful.

Is it possible for you to attach a photo. 1 of the total area and 2, a close up?

Is this solid hardwood or something else?

For small areas it is possible to rent the tools you need from the home depot or a wood floor supplier to the trade.

That's exactly how I approached my first repair. I asked a ton of questions at the counter, purchased the products and proceeded with the work. Sand...vacuum...tack cloth...stain....seal. Feather, blend the old into the new.
You tube has videos also.

Bona wood floor products have some products you may be interested in.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies