Flooring and Carpeting/Vinyl decking discoloured

Our light grey vinyl decking discoloured after a rubber backed mat was on it for the summer. Now the spot where the mat was is dark brown and orange. Any hope of recovery?

Sorry to say, there is no hope for recovery. Certain chemicals react and cause this staining from one form of vinyl / rubber and another. Best to have a mat made of natural fibers or a soft cotton back.

I'm happens in bathrooms time again as well.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies