Flooring and Carpeting/Laminate over concrete-Update

Question
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your expertise.  I went ahead and purchased the laminate flooring on line and IMO I got an unbelievable deal.  I got the flooring that I originally picked out at a brick and mortar store, plus a $50.00 discount, plus free shipping, plus no sales tax, AND free premium 3 in 1 underlayment.  Now I just have to find someone to help me install it.  Thanks again, Robin.

Answer
Hi Robin,

I am delighted to hear this. I hope you find a good installer who can make all the cuts and knows the meaning of a good installation.

We are out there...find a company that sells carpet / flooring supplies in the yellow pages. Usually following "RETAIL"
Most installers purchase from these warehouses and the counter people will know the good installers. Don't hesitate to ask for a few good guys to give you an estimate.
Usually an empty house will be quoted at 2.00 per sq ft. Tear out and prep if any....negotiable. .25 -.50 extra. Base shoe...painted white and installed 1.00 per ft.
Base board is more due to varying styles and size.
I hope you purchased any color matching trim for doors etc. Never too late if you need to get some.

My best to you.

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris