Flooring and Carpeting/mixing floors in 2 rooms

Question
chris we took the wall down separating the kitchen and dining room and are replacing it with a peninsula with a 37" opening between rooms,
we have oak hard word floors in dining room, does it look ok to have porcelain planking in the kitchen mixed with the hard wood in the dining room.
we are not lovers of having hard wood in kitchen.but are afraid after remodeling it would not look right  any suggestions???

Answer
Hi Darlene,

Lots of choices here. For a dramatic effect and completely breaking the pattern you could look at Versailles pattern porcelain tile. But that would certainly boost your price point.
The new walkway / opening could be feature striped and then you can start the new porcelain wood tile. A border of a completely different tile, you might say.

Turn the kitchen on a diagonal or 90 to the existing wood. That would break the pattern as well.
Custom counter top companies can make a 1 piece stone beveled transition for an economic price.
Do any of these ideas appeal to you?

Best regards,

Chris

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris