Flooring and Carpeting/Grout in shower floor

Hey!  I have decided to re-tile my shower and for the floor I chose the mosiac rock (reminds me of the river) anyways  I have the floor down and have sealed it twice already but the grout still feels rough and sandy, is that normal?  Is there a way to make it feel smooth?  I am worried that the water will crack it or mess it up.  I used the sealant for water etc..  Thank you Beth

Hi Beth,

Although it's too late now the products recommended would be the non sanded grout.

I would not recommend removing the sanded grout you just have to live with it I think.

Non sanded grout is in the same area adjacent to the grout you did purchase. It is usually in a box instead of a bag.

Other than a slight discomfort I'm sure it looks great....I love the river rock effect.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies