Flooring and Carpeting/Removing sealer on porcelain tiles

My contractor used 511 Impregnator sealer on porcelain tiles laid outside but some parts dried with messy white film. What is the best way to remove it?

Unless they have changed their formulation, this product is a combination of a silane and a fluoropolymer "grease".  What silane does not react with the substrate will evaporate. So this white film would have to be the fluoropolymer.  It is extremely inert, and as such, difficult to remove. Fortunately, porcelain is impervious, so it should all be just sitting on top.  You may be able to wipe it up with rags. A solvent may help by thinning it out, making it a bit easier to remove.

You may want to contact Miracle Sealants for information from them on how to remove this.

Bill Hohmann

Flooring and Carpeting

Bill Hohmann

I can answer questions concerning the stripping and sealing of various tile, brick, and stone flooring with an emphasis on Mexican Tile. I cannot help in regards to installation issues, such as what sort of tile to use; how to install or remove tiles, etc.

Over 30 years experience in the manufacture development and use of sealers, coatings and cleaners for tile, stone, brick, etc.