Flooring and Carpeting/SubFloor

Do I need a subfloor to install vinyl plank flooring???...was going to laminate but changed my mine...removed subfloor now just have plywood exposed!

Vinyl plank. Glued direct or snap lock? The flatter and smoother the better. If gluing down it's critical. Low spots and high should be addressed with floor patch.
Loose areas should be screwed down so movement is eliminated.
Knot holes should be smooth. Seams should be floated / feathered at least 6" wide.

All this is typically done with products like "Henry's Feather Finish" available at Home Depot / Lowes and other hardware stores. A 6" drywall knife works great.

If you are confident your plywood is in good condition and smooth..that is a good subfloor.

Shoot me a few pictures...

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies