Flooring and Carpeting/SubFloor

Sending you 2 pics of plywood floor...still in good conduction...will have to smooth out and eliminate nails and old glue.
Can I use a foam underlay to make it even smoother????

If your product allows underlayment foam half the battle is won. Skim the floor as shown on the you tube video
How to skim coat a floor: http://youtu.be/mOhogoVrwhY

Use "Plani Patch" made by Mapei from LOWES. 25# bag will give at least 2 coats. Cost effective at 16.00-18.00

A bigger trowel is about 10-15.00 for the economical brands. A 6" knife is about 8.00
Bucket for mixing and bucket for rinse. Skimming is fast and easy...allow to dry  until light grey...knock down any lumps...ridges...and sweep. Apply 2nd coat.

The underlay will allow you a margin of error....more forgiving.
A 3rd coat will make you a pro.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies