Flooring and Carpeting/flooring on 2nd floor unfer washer and dryer

Hi   we needed  to  remove our  flooring  on our  2nd  floor  hallway  ( hard wood)  My washer and  dryer are in a large  closet , It had  some type of vinyl . Please give  some  ideas  as to  what  should be  put  down. There is a  subfloor.

Sorry I am tardy Gina I've had surgery on my ankle so I'm limited how I am able to get around recently..

With your laundry being on the second floor you truly need to have a catchment system in place in the event that the washer or water drain hose or water supply hose should fail. Most times it is just a simple pan that has a plumbed line to the outside that would carry the overflow or leaking appliance or water supply and continually run it to the outside until help could arrive. Some units are large enough to contain both the washer and dryer but typically it only rests beneath the washer. You can replace the old existing vinyl or simply add another layer to what is in place so long as it is a "single" layer, then incorporate the catchment pan beneath the washer. When you are inspecting the current condition of the flooring especially the subfloor look or weight test (use your foot and body weight) to search for any soft places that deflect under your feet. If you can't find any weak areas move forward with the pan assembly. You may need a plumber to run/drill access to the outside of the house but if you know someone who is handy it is not a big deal to do this. Ok Gina...sorry I am late responding to you. I hope this helps you with your project. Feel free to return anytime..

Perry V.

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga

Ceramic Tile/Marble. I can answer questions about floor preparation, tile selection, layout questions, performance of products, expectations of finish, compatabilities, questions about grout and epoxies, evaluating an installer, asking the right questions to check competence...more? 33 years this August 2012/ many years in commercial application from exterior finishes to Mall store fronts/ interior finishes like floor packages in stores inside Malls examples: The Limited, Lerner/NY, Lane Bryants, Bombay Co., Now involved in Residential new construction covering all types of interior finishes and designs.

I worked in an exclusive field of floorcovering called "Tenant Development" which is by invitational bid only, by way of a National bid list. These are large floor packages usually over 3500 sq. ft. of 18" x 18" Marble and Granite and many other types of Marble and sizes. They are specialty stores where the floor package can cost upwards of $50,000 for one store. I have also done "Structure" stores and J. Riggins stores, Lane Bryant,Express and Body Shop stores where wood flooring is used. Presently work for a National Flooring Company in the Residential new construction arena that covers most interior design elements..Granite Slab tops/wood flooring both job finished and prefinished ect..

My response's are published all across the Internet and picked up by multiple Interior Design sites and Industry related web sites where people have questions...

too many most of which don't count...