Flooring and Carpeting/Glue engineered wood over asbestos tiles

Chris, I will be installing engineered wood flooring (non floating type) over old vinyl/asbestos tiles that are glued to the wooden plank floor and are very hard to remove. The house is a 1930s vacation cabin that has a lot of temperature and humidity fluctuation. Could you please recommend a good adhesive from Home Depot or Lowe's? Thank you. Ross

Hi Ross,
Home depot and Lowes will not have the required products to do a quality installation
You will need to control the moisture if you plan on doing a "FULL SPREAD" glue down application

You can search online for a Bostick distributor or a manufacture called Dri Tac. These companies sell moisture reducing adhesives and pre treatments...and matching wood adhesives.

If I have assumed too much please feel free to do a follow up reply

Here are the links to the manufactures

Typical moisture reducing products are rolled on or troweled on and allowed to dry
Then you apply the wood adhesive and begin your install.

Flooring and Carpeting

20+ years flooring installation ...carpet,wood,tile and vinyl. Residential and commercial. I do not sell the products , just install what ever the shop / customer has purchased. I actually love seeing the finished project completed and it gives me great satisfaction to help others acheive that goal. If I don't know the answer I will say so, and then I will recommend another expert for you. I may even research the subject and answer to the best of my ability ...including links to my sources. I wish you all success Chris

20 years as an independant contractor

H.S. diploma A.S. agriculture Mt San Antonio JR. College

Gene Bonas and Kevin Churnock Inc. Sheward&Son&Sons Century 21 Forte Const. Famous Footwear BOSE Corporation Homebodies General Contractor Perry Floors, Tri Cord Flooring T.J.'S Supplies