Flooring and Carpeting/vinyl flooring install

Question
tile, carpet and pergo floor meet
tile, carpet and pergo  

closet
closet  
Hello Chris and thanks for taking the time to answer my question.  When I built my house 6 years ago, I paid some kid I worked with from home depot cash to do some of my flooring.  Big mistake.  The tile is all coming loose and he installed an incorrect transition piece between the pergo flooring and the tile.  I'm ripping up the tile and want to install vinyl flooring and I'm looking for the best advice to install besides what I get from some kid at Menards who got a days worth of training.  The flooring I'm getting is at Menards.com, id number 729-1581 on their website so you know what I'm installing.  For underlayment, I have to use 1/8" cdx to match the height of the floor in the kitchen.  My biggest questions will be how far apart to space the screws as to keep everything level, gap inbetween where the underlayment comes together (I'll get 4x8 sheets) and around where the floor meets the wall.  Do I add more screws where the underlayment gets butted together?  Is it better to keep it one piece around the closet or cut along a grout line where the closet is?  Anything I'm missing, please feel free to let me know.  I've included a few pics to help understand the task at hand.  Thanks again.

Answer
Brad,
I'm looking at the pictures...You're tearing up ceramic tile? Or vinyl tile...
I need a hyper link to the new product.. a product# requires me to search...too much work..ha ha

I'm very concerned about the thickness of the new subfloor...1/8". That sounds like a very very thin piece that will warp and distort easily. The thinnest I ever installed was 1/4" rated for the industry subfloor in 3 x 5 sheets.

Screw down every 6" perimeter and field. Skim coat all seams with Henry's feather finish...or Mapei Plani patch...
Need an example of" skim coating"
I'll link you to the youtube video below.

Lay the subfloor Ashley pattern...brick layer fashion. If you can, lay it perpendicular to the original subfloor. You don't want to lay seams on top of seams. Crossing it 90 offers rigidity and strength.

Any more info or questions do a follow up to the is one.

Here's that link.

https://youtu.be/mOhogoVrwhY

Revised...place a seam at the closet...float it as shown in the video...Make it smooth
All rough spots and ridges can be knocked down with a damp towel or sponge...blend it smooth and thin where the patch meets wood.

Flooring and Carpeting

Chris