Flooring and Carpeting/Travertine on ceramic tile

I have ceramic pool tile that has dried travertine from the water we have in California. Is there anything that will remove dried travertine from ceramic pool tile that is environmentally friendly and is easy to use. I have tried Pumic stone and even that is not working anymore. Thank you for any advise.

Thank you for your question Jeff....

Sorry for my tardy reply events at work causing major distractions currently. So, pool chemicals over time just by themselves can degrade the finished surface of Ceramic tile, many of the glazes in the past have been competitively reduced to cut costs of the material in a very tough market. Consequently when you throw in "hard water" issues with the chemicals you have recipe for a visual problem in the works. There are a few chemicals that can be tried but in my opinion none are what you would call an environmentally friendly material. Lime away you could try but based upon what you are describing it may simply be time to redo the waterline tile of your pool. Sorry Jeff that may not be the news you were hoping for but there it is. I hope this at least helps move you forward with your problem perhaps on to a new project for the pool. Again sorry I was tardy, please feel free to return again anytime...

Perry V.  

Flooring and Carpeting

Perry Vellenga

Ceramic Tile/Marble. I can answer questions about floor preparation, tile selection, layout questions, performance of products, expectations of finish, compatabilities, questions about grout and epoxies, evaluating an installer, asking the right questions to check competence...more? 33 years this August 2012/ many years in commercial application from exterior finishes to Mall store fronts/ interior finishes like floor packages in stores inside Malls examples: The Limited, Lerner/NY, Lane Bryants, Bombay Co., Now involved in Residential new construction covering all types of interior finishes and designs.

I worked in an exclusive field of floorcovering called "Tenant Development" which is by invitational bid only, by way of a National bid list. These are large floor packages usually over 3500 sq. ft. of 18" x 18" Marble and Granite and many other types of Marble and sizes. They are specialty stores where the floor package can cost upwards of $50,000 for one store. I have also done "Structure" stores and J. Riggins stores, Lane Bryant,Express and Body Shop stores where wood flooring is used. Presently work for a National Flooring Company in the Residential new construction arena that covers most interior design elements..Granite Slab tops/wood flooring both job finished and prefinished ect..

My response's are published all across the Internet and picked up by multiple Interior Design sites and Industry related web sites where people have questions...

too many most of which don't count...