Floral Arrangements/Arranging a tall vase with small opening

Arranging a tall light green vase with small opening, 2-3 steams on my piano
I do have some longs steams green, but do not know how to work and secure them. This is for my living room.

Thank you.

Hi Ora,
If you are having trouble securing fresh stems in a vase, you might try using curly willow inside the vase. You can scrunch it up and it can help anchor your stems in the water. An alternative would be taping a grid on top of your vase with narrow(1/4") tape. You would then want to use some greens or other flower to hide the tape.
Hope this works for you!

Floral Arrangements

peggy rand

I welcome questions concerning flower selection and identification, mechanics of arranging, style and color trends from contemporary to period pieces, and current techniques used in the floral industry. I can also direct you to resources for flowers and supplies not readily available in some areas.

I've been a floral designer for over 20 years in the Los Angeles area. The entertainment industry here keeps us very busy, and has also provided me with very unique opportunities to create pieces for various eras and locals. I am experienced in wedding and event work as well as individual pieces for all occasions

This is very much an on-the-job training type profession, but I have found my background in interior design, particularly art history, has been something I've drawn from many times over the years.