Flute/Audition Songs

Hello again! =)

Im sorry, I gave you the wrong songs. I meant Cantabile by Pagaanini and Poco Adagio by CPE Bach. Are they good audition songs and are they contrasting enough? I can play Le Petit Negre by Debussy but with just the flute part, it's kind of...ehh.

Well anyway, thanks and sorry for the mix up!

-Freddy =)

Hi Freddy,

Thanks for the email, and good luck to you on your audition.  I believe any combination of the three pieces you described would work well for your audition.  They would all qualify as contrasting excerpts, because they are from different musical eras and/or styles.

Best Wishes,

Nathan Muehl

I feel very comfortable answering questions regarding classical music. This includes performance of music on woodwind instruments, theory, history, etc. I am happy to answer questions about careers in music and collegiate study. I am also able to answer simple questions in the field of Audio Engineering.

I have played the flute for 25 years. I am very active in professional music organizations, and I have had several students go on to successful careers.

I am currently a member of the Conductor's Guild, the National Flute Association, the American String Teachers Association, West Virginia Music Educators Association, and Ohio Music Educators Association.

I hold a bachelor of music education degree from The Ohio State University along with a business minor. I have a Master of Music degree from the same institution. I am currently a professor at a college in Florida.