Flute/Throat Fluttering

Question
I am trying to flutter on the flute, but it is impossible for me to tongue flutter, so I have decided to try the other method, which is using the throat. The problem is that I can vibrate my throat, but there is no sound when I play the flute. I am not sure if I am vibrating my throat wrong. Can you please help me?

Answer
You have to vibrate really loud and hard with your throat.  It takes a lot of air, it's like gargling but without the vocalising that gargling has.  Also, a lot of your embouchure will kinda disintegrate, and the sound that you do get from your flute won't be "pretty."  As you try this, turn your flute more in or more out to find the spot where the air you are pushing out actually goes into the embouchure hole.

nancy
flutestar.com

Flute

Nancy