Flute/e flat key jammed

My mom by accident knocked my flute from the kitchen counter, and the e flat key is jammed. I can't play my E and my E sounds like my D, or vice verse. Can I fix it and how, w/o sending it to the shop?

Oh no!

I will try to help you, but I will advise you that 'do it yourself' flute repair can lead to more problems than solutions.

Could you tell me what make and model flute you have, as well as send a picture of the bent keys you are describing?

Best Wishes,

Nathan Muehl

I feel very comfortable answering questions regarding classical music. This includes performance of music on woodwind instruments, theory, history, etc. I am happy to answer questions about careers in music and collegiate study. I am also able to answer simple questions in the field of Audio Engineering.

I have played the flute for 25 years. I am very active in professional music organizations, and I have had several students go on to successful careers.

I am currently a member of the Conductor's Guild, the National Flute Association, the American String Teachers Association, West Virginia Music Educators Association, and Ohio Music Educators Association.

I hold a bachelor of music education degree from The Ohio State University along with a business minor. I have a Master of Music degree from the same institution. I am currently a professor at a college in Florida.